11 January 2012

Shukr..for being a woman

Oh Muslimah
If only you knew how special you are to Him.
So much so that He has prescribed Hijab for you in order that you remain protected at all times.
So much so that He has placed Jannah beneath your feet.
So much so that He sent His most beloved messenger to teach men how to treat you.
So much so that He made life start with you, and the future depend on you.
So much so that He has dedicated an entire chapter of His glorious book to you.
He has valued you.
He has elevated your worth.
He has beautified your existence.
Muslimah, do not let yourself be cheapened to a value any less;
You are precious.

Subhanallah!
How easily do we forget the status that Allah, the giver of honour, has given to us women?
Alhumdulillah, Islam holds women in higher regard than any other religion in the world and still we fall into Shaytaan's trap of believing that we are at a disadvantage due to our gender sometimes.

This hijab for example, is it oppression or freedom?
With the definition of physical beauty ever changing, there is no way us women can ever achieve equality in society by exposing our bodies.
Not having to pay constant attention to our physical self, and therefore striving to improve our characters; I call that freedom.
Not having to display ourselves in order to gain equality, respect and honour? I call that freedom.

Laying Jannah at our feet?! *Speechless*
Okay, fair enough, this only applies to the mothers out there. However, just think of the amazingness of it. Jannah! The one thing every muslim is in pursuit of, the place every believer is striving towards! And Allah SWT has simply stated that it lies at our mother's feet.
Where else will you find such honour eh?

The list goes on; it is simply too big for me to ever discover or write down in its entirety.
I have to admit, before today, I had never really given this much thought. Now that I have, I cannot explain how grateful I am that Allah made me a woman. I am truly very lucky, Alhumdulillah.

Today's post is longer than I'd planned so I'll leave you now. Before I go however, I urge whosoever has not read the translation of Surah Nisaa (Quran, Chapter 4) to go and do so now. I promise you Insha'Allah it will clarify to some extent the point that I tried to make today.

O Allah! Beautify me with covering and chastity, cover me with the clothes of contentment and chastity, let me adhere to justice and fairness, and show me the way to win Your pleasure. O Allah, do not let Shaytan have a means over me and keep me safe from all that I fear, by Your protection Ya Mu'min, the Granter of security. Ameen.

Any good in this post is from Allah and any bad is from myself.

2 comments:

  1. Shukr <3 For being healthy :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read my mind, this comment would have been perfect on tomorrow's post :p

    ReplyDelete

Shukr....for commenting below! :)